08 May, 2013

Midweek Mani Mayhem | Easing into gradients & accents

I noticed there was a Monday Manicure hashtag on Twitter, and thought I'd be different and do a Midweek Mani instead. I'm so original, you guizzz.

I saw a mani recently, where their accent nails were their index and middle finger. I always did my thumbs and ring fingers as the accent, so I thought I'd try it out and see if I like it. While I was at it, I thought I'd do a gradient on my ring and pinky, too.

From left to right - Essie Da Bush with Revlon Graceful on tips, Femme Fatale Cosmetics Librarian's Shush
To be honest, I'm not really sure if I like my accent nails being the index and middle! 

I do like the gradient. It's so subtle, you can't tell how horribly inexperienced I am with the technique. It's really easy to do, but needs some practice. The Nailasaurus has some amazing ones, and she has a great tutorial on how to do it, too! I used Essie - Da Bush as a base and dabbed Revlon - Graceful on the tips.

The index and middle finger are an indie polish, Librarian's Shush by Femme Fatale, which has a lovely formula, making it very easy to apply. No dabbing occurred here! If you live in Australia, you can purchase it from their website, otherwise, they have a range of international stockists.

Do you do accent nails?
Do you like it or find it funny?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I like my accent nails to be my ring finger only, or ring and pinky. I'm not sure why. Haha. Shall follow on Tumblr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've seen people pull off different fingers as their accents and I think it looks really good then I try it and think it looks so funny on me!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!