16 May, 2013

Put the volume up! | Products for bigger hair

I stayed over at my mum's for Mother's Day recently and didn't bring any of my usual hair care stuff with me.
(Did you all have a good Mother's Day? My mum really wanted to go to the Star for their eat all you can seafood thing. I ate so much smoked salmon that I really can't... oh gross.)

So after I showered, I did my usual "blow dry my hair upside down" thing, but when I looked into the mirror, I thought, "woah my hair still looks so... flat."

I guess the stuff that I use makes a difference, after all!


So, I thought I would let you all know what works for me!



John Allan's Thick Shampoo
I grabbed this from KIT when it was discontinued and abandoned on the sale table. After looking up the brand, I gather it's a men's shampoo but whatever, I like it. The consistency is really thick and you only need a small amount to lather your head. 

I don't know where you can still get this locally, but Urban Outfitters has it in stock.

Lee Stafford Sea Salt Spray and Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray
Ok, I don't think I need to comment on my addiction for the smell of the Lee Stafford one haha.

I've only used these two sea salt sprays so far, and is it me, or is a sea salt spray a sea salt spray a sea salt spray? They both do the job of giving you textured hair without drying it out, so I use them interchangeably. Maybe I'll try the Bumble and Bumble one when I use these two up and see if there's a difference..

John Frieda Root Awakening Spray
You spray this on your roots, massage it in and it's supposed to give life to your hair, basically.

The last three things mentioned are all available from Priceline.

What do YOU like to use to give your hair more volume?
Also, how was YOUR Mother's Day?!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!