19 March, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation review


I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation a few months ago, at the Chemist's Warehouse 50% off cosmetics sale (bah long rant story about that sale.) This had apparently been reformulated, as the old one wasn't too great.

The foundation claims to be "feather-light, liquid mousse blends flawlessly for a natural-looking, all day shine control. Silky smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish. Lightweight texture won't feel heavy or greasy."




When it comes out of the tube, it's thick but blends out nicely. It really is lightweight on the skin and very matte - basically what it promised on the tube. It can be built up to a medium coverage. It's actually almost kind of perfect. Almost...

Until, about 2-3 hours later and I look into a mirror. I don't know how, but this foundation travels on my face and somehow forms lines and smudges. And it's not like it settles into fine lines; no, I'll just have a random line of foundation across my forehead. It wouldn't even have been a hot day so I can't blame sweating for that.

I've tried different primers, no primers, different moisturisers. This just does not stay put on my face! I can't find any other reviews that say the same thing, so it's probably just my skin. If you're wondering, I have combination skin.

I've heard a lot of hype around this foundation but sadly, it just doesn't work for me.

I probably just have freak mutant skin.
Did you love this foundation?
Or what drugstore foundation would you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!