25 February, 2014

Worth The Hype? | NARS - NARSissist eyeshadow palette


NARS' Narsissist eyeshadow palette was in stock on Mecca's website on Sunday and at the time of writing this, I can't seem to find it anymore. I guess everyone went zombie horde attack on live human on this... Having finished university, I thought, why not and splurged on this for myself. I went to my nearest Mecca store yesterday during my lunchbreak and the sales assistant told me that they only had three left by then. (Lucky me!)

It's popular and for good reason – it's fifteen of their neutral-ish eyeshadows (plus a limited edition one) and the quality is awesome. Despite the hefty price tag ($115, thank god for Myer One gift vouchers), I really think it's worth it.


I'll just let the pictures do the talking...
Row 1 - All About Eve #1, Madrague #2, Fez, Bali, Coconut Grove
Row 2 - Madrague #1, Nepal, Ashes to Ashes, Brousse #2, Mekong

Madrague #1 is a very pigmented, matte shade; it looks invisible in the picture because it's so close to my skin tone!

Row 3 - Bellissima #1, Lhasa, Bad Behaviour, Dogon #2, Pandora #2
Bellissima #1 is the only shade in the palette with glitter in it. To me, Mekong (Row 2) is more like a shimmer.

I love how the colours in this palette go so well together, then you have a few different ones like Bad Behaviour (a lavender grey) and Fez (a copper brown). The palette leans more on the cool side, and less bronze/brown when compared to say, the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette – maybe I'll put up a post of them side by side tomorrow. My favourites in the palette are Mekong, Ashes to Ashes and Bad Behaviour.

The formula is great and consistent. None of them were powdery, and all had awesome pigmentation. Despite being heavy on the glitter, there was no fall out with Bellissima #1. Even the matte shades were not powdery at all.

Since they were all previously in the permanent range, I wouldn't recommend this if you already own alot of NARS eyeshadows, but I only have one duo, so this was definitely worth it! The hype around this palette was all true!

Did you manage to snag one or did it sell out too fast?

On a side note, the person who helped me in Mecca was awesome! She was hilarious and as she brought out the palette for me from their store room, she said, "I have your baby". Haha.

No, I haven't been cooing at this and cradling it in my arms... maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!