28 February, 2014

Five Favourites | February


Rather than typing out a whole block of text about all my favourites for the month, I narrowed it down to five so that you're not here all day reading.

So what have I been absolutely loving this month?
Clockwise from left to right: Illamasqua Blush Up brush, Help Me Ronda facial serum for normal to oily and Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer
Illamasqua Blush Up brush
The flatness of the brush makes it great for contouring. I haven't used it for blush yet, only to apply bronzer, but it definitely makes the job a breeze. Perfectly contoured cheekbones every time. I got it from Myer here for $38.00.

Help Me Ronda facial serum for normal to oily skin
If you want something made from all natural ingredients then look no further than this facial serum. It is so good at calming down the skin. Last year, I broke out from using a new toner, and this got rid of any pimples I had. I recently strayed away from this (big mistake!) and started using a moisturiser which I suspect is old (long story) because it caused a lot of redness in my skin. I'm back to using this and loving it more than ever.

The bonus is I really love how it holds up under make up. I was worried that it would just add to my greasy nose. Gladly, my nose doesn't get as oily as usual with this on! You can get it from Ronda's etsy store here for only $17.95.

Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (in soft beige)
I've tried a couple of popular drugstore concealers lately and this is my favourite! It has really good coverage and despite being creamy, it doesn't settle into any fine lines under my eyes. It has the slightest shimmer to it, which really brightens up your face. I grabbed mine from Priceline on sale, but it's normally $14.95 here.

Left to right: Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and Soap & Glory Breakfast scrub
Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume
An old scent that I know is worn by so many women that you get over it. I have had this bottle for a few years now. I grew out of it and didn't use it for a while but recently went back to it, to try and finish up the bottle – as you can see, there isn't much left. I've fallen back in love with it again and have used this daily this month.

Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub
First of all, this smells delicious. I actually even checked the ingredients, only to find a warning to not eat it. (sad face.) Secondly, it is amazing at exfoliating the skin. It's not too harsh that your skin is left dry, and it doesn't have this after effect of moisturising the skin to the point that you feel greasy. And thirdly, the smell. (Heh.) Just get it, sniff it and prepare to get cravings for pancakes topped with maple syrup.

What are YOU loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!