24 February, 2013

Haircare haul | Priceline freebie haircare bag

I've had short hair for eons. Then one day, I decided I wanted to recreate the Birth of Venus and be able to stand naked on a shell, clutching my hair to cover my dignity. Just kidding. All of a sudden - WHAM - I had long hair and I can't put it off - I actually need to take care of it now.

I don't own much hair care products, only a bottle of Moroccanoil, which is now down to it's last drops and a bottle of Lee Stafford Sea Salt Spray that I bought last week. I don't even own a brush, you guys! My hair dryer was passed onto me by my stepmother and I'm pretty sure it's from the early 90's. 


When I found out Priceline was giving out a bag of various hair care goodies to people who spent over $50 on hair care products, I decided to take advantage of it. 




Look at all this hair care loot! Insane bananas, I tells you.


This was the stuff I actually purchased to make the required $50 amount. I kept going back and forth to the counter, asking if I had reached $50 yet - pretty sure the guy was getting annoyed with me and wanted me out of the store.

Lee Stafford my big fat healthy hair conditioner & Lee Stafford treatment for hair growth
Like I mentioned, I just got the sea salt spray from this brand, which I love so far. So I thought I would try more. Been interested in the treatment for a while, as I've heard good things.

TIGI S Factor shiny happy people spray shine
I always hear about this brand, so I picked this spray up. Also because it's called shiny happy people.

Lady Jayne brush and bobby pins
Holy moles, guys, I am now a proud owner of a brush! I just got these to make up the $50, but I ended up still being under by $4. The guy in the end just said, "no it's fine, trust me" *ushers me out of the store*


Schwarzkopf push-up volume lotion
I'm on the oily side, so kind of worried that this "lotion" will make my hair greasy. Also the "push-up" just makes me think of bras and that whomp sound as cleavage is created. Am I the only one? Yes? Moving on.

Sunsilk daring volume lifting spray
More volume stuff! Hair must go to level 99 bigness. Bigger!

John Frieda volume refresher
To maintain my large hair. I think it's supposed to be a dry shampoo, though.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in cherry and Cedel Dry Conditioner
So excited as I have never used these dry shindigs before! If you have any advice or experiences, let me know in the comments! Was hoping I wouldn't wound up with a cherry scent, but alas, I did. Cherry scents make me think of cough medicine. *retches*



Edward Beale argan oil
Is this like Moroccanoil? Glossy goodness.

John Frieda frizz-ease finishing creme
More glossy goodness! My hair will be shining bright like a diamond, yo!

Lee Stafford flat iron protection mist
So I don't own an iron curler, but would this be ok to use with a hair dryer? *shrugs*

Pantene 3 Minute Miracle
A hair treatment that will take only three minutes. It's a shorter amount of time then the Lee Stafford one I bought. Oh how exciting, an option to go for five minutes or three.



Models Prefer anti static carbon styling comb
Holy mother of cows - stop the press - I now own a brush and a comb? I'm moving up places in this world, I really am.

Lady Jayne hair extensions
In purple punk. I just get this feeling there's a bunch of people sitting in a head office somewhere, asking "what the hell are we going to do with these boxes of bright purple hair extensions?" "we could give them away for free!" *takes the rest of the afternoon off*

Scunci pin twirls
When I saw the box, I was all meh. And then I tried them. They are amaze-balls. I might do a review and a how to on these if you dig, but seriously, they are life changing.


Last but not least, vouchers to pick up a free box of hair dye from the Solfine Crema Color range and the Revlon Colorsilk range. Plus $4 bucks off anything in the John Frieda range. So more freebies to get, yay!

Overall, super excited to play around with them and get my hair nice and healthy. 

Did you pick up the bag from Priceline, too?
What are you loving or hating from the bag?

The free bag offer ends tomorrow, but I hear rumours that some stores keep going until they run out of the bags? Who knows. I might actually be making this up.

2 comments:

  1. Your hair growth reason is a lot more interesting than mine! I had short hair a la Princess Di and while at uni, I decided to save by avoiding haircuts. In a year, my own mother couldn't recognise me at the airport with long hair and my long hair stayed there.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, actually, yeah, saving money was a teeny tiny part of it, too. My hairdresser, who used to give me huge discounts, has moved away. :(

    That's funny about your mum not recognising you, I totally get that, too, with some of my friends who I don't see on a regular basis! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!