02 April, 2013

Bad Beauty Beginnings | MAC Sea & Sky mineralize eye shadow + a swatch!

Thought it would be funny to look back on my hilarious and horrible histories with make up. So here is series! Reminisce with me as I'm sure we've all been there. (Or I could be the only noob who did these mistakes...)

In the three years that I've worn make up, it was only in the last two of them that I realised, yes, there really is a time and place for certain colours.

One of my mistakes when I was younger and naive when it came to make up involved MAC Sea & Sky mineralize eyeshadow.


When I saw it at my neareast MAC counter, I was mesmerized by its' marbled goodness and thought, hellz yeah, I need this in my life. I totally didn't have a blue eyeshadow, so it was a must.

You can only imagine my glee when I brought it home. I was so excited that I wore it the next day when I went to work. Back then, I worked at a very traditional menswear retail store.

Mac Sea & Sky mineralize eyeshadow
 There I was, at the counter, folding up this male customer's purchases into a bag when he randomly comments, "Oh, I get it now, you are trying to match your blue eyeshadow to your blouse!" (I was wearing a blue blouse at the time.) (And no, I wasn't, that was purely coincidental.)

That was when it hit me that perhaps it shouldn't be worn in the day time. Or maybe bright blue eyeshadow everywhere shouldn't be worn at all, as that's pretty 80's/Mimi from the Drew Carey show. 

In case you're interested in what the eyeshadow looks like, here are some swatches.

MAC Sea & Sky mineralize eyeshadow swatches, L-R: Combined, bottom dark shade, top light shade
Regardless, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows are pretty fantastic, and it goes on nice and smooth. The finish is shimmery/frosty in a nice way.

Have you ever worn bright and bold eyeshadow at inappropriate times?
Any eyeshadow regrets lurking in your make up drawer?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!