22 February, 2014

Lush R&B Hair Moisturiser


I bought the R&B hair moisturiser from Lush a while ago. My bottle of Moroccan Oil was down to the last drops so I thought why not. It's been three years since I had a hair cut so my ends are really dry - yes, yes, I should get a trim but I keep procrastinating on it.

The Lush R&B hair moisturiser is suitable for dry or curly hair types. It's made of fresh ingredients, like organic avocado butter and olive oil. You run it through your damp hair (and scrunch your hair, too, if you want) and leave it in to dry. It's meant to tame frizzy hair and make it silky smooth. After reading so many great reviews and trying it out, I swear there is something wrong with me.




As a leave in conditioner, I hated it. I felt like there was a very fine line as to how much of this you could put in your hair. Too much and my hair was disgusting and stringy. Too little, and there was no difference. I felt like there was no middle ground between the two.

With the expiry date looming, I had the idea of leaving it in my hair overnight. I slathered it through my ends, twisted it up into a bun and slept on it, then washed it off the next morning.

Ok, ok, Lush R&B, you got me there! My hair was amazing afterwards, and was everything that this product promised - silky and smooth. I do this now about once or twice a fortnight, and my hair has never been better.

The only other issue I have with the product is the scent, which is citrus and jasmine. I personally think it's too strong and it doesn't fade off at all throughout the day. It took me a while to get used to it. You'll either hate it or love it. Before buying, you should take a whiff instore to see if you like it and if you can handle having it wafting around your head for a few hours. (Side note - my mum used to use a citrus spray in the toilet, so this scent just reminds me of toilets!)

Lush R&B hair moisturiser can be bought instore and online here. It's $19.95 for a 100 gram pot, which I think should last for a decent amount of time, if you use it like I do. Plus, if you save five full size Lush pots and bring it back to the store, you can get a free face mask!

Have you tried the Lush R&B Hair Moisturiser?
Or have you ever hated a product at first but then ended up loving it later on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!