20 February, 2014

OPI Mariah Carey, Spring 2013 - The Impossible


I purchased a mini four pack of the Mariah Carey collection for OPI on a whim. I thought it was a good way to introduce myself to texture polishes. I was hesitant to dip my toes into liquid sands (as OPI calls textured polishes), because any nail polish addict knows what happened after the whirlwind that was shatters, right?

From the four, I put on The Impossible, which has a red jelly base and pink hex glitters. There were also some stars, but I didn't get any on of them on my nails. I didn't make an effort to fish them out, though.

Swatch: OPI The Impossible, 2 coats
The Impossible looks awesome on! The red base leans towards a bright pink. I put on two coats, which was enough for good coverage. Application of liquid sands was also easier than I thought, pretty much like putting on a normal polish. The textured effect becomes more obvious as it dries.

Swatch: OPI The Impossible, 2 coats, under direct sunlight
Look at it sparkle in the sun! This gives me the fuzzies. Textured polish is pretty awesome after all! I can't stop touching my nails to feel it. It's not sharp at all, by any means, but it is such an unusual feeling.

What do you think of the textured polish trend?

(On a side note, it has been forever since I blogged. I went on a much needed break, tackled off the last few subjects of my degrees, and got a job. But I've finally finished university, and am set to graduate this April, which is pretty darn exciting. Things are looking up for me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!