14 March, 2014

Drugstore Delights | Revlon Parfumerie - China Flower & African Tea Rose


Revlon released a new range recently, called Parfumerie. It's a collection of scented polishes. When Target had a buy one get one free sale recently, I thought I would pick up two - African Tea Rose and China Flower.

I love the bottle shape! It's adorable and luxe, with it's cute little rounded handle. If you can see above, I had them in my bag when I knocked it really hard against something by accident, cracking the corner of China Flower. (insert sad face.)

Ah well, what's more important is the polish inside it! How did I find them?


Swatch: Two coats of Revlon - China Flower and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
China Flower is a bright tomato red, with a warm undertone to it. These are my favourite kind of reds as I think it really suits my skin tone. This was two coats.

I don't know how to explain the scent. It smells... warm? Kind of like a nice warm, musky, floral perfume. I actually really like it!

Swatch: Two coats of Revlon - African Tea Rose and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
This one is African Tea Rose, a bright pink. In the bottle, it looks like it would be shimmer city, as you can see in the photo below. On the nail though, the purple shimmer is more like a faint purple sheen. I still really love the colour.

The smell on this one is definitely roses. The scent of both polishes lasted about a day, and it gradually fades away. I personally think the scents are quite strong on the first day, but I've got a sensitive nose. Funny off tangent but I woke myself up the next day with China Flower when I placed my hand near my face... I sort of had that "what's that smell?" moment as I gradually woke up then remembered I had this polish on.

When I applied top coat on, the smell did fade but not by much.


The formula on both were the same, just make sure to not have too much on your brush as I found them a little bit on the runny side. Aside from that, both easily applied, with no dragging or streaks in two coats.

I think the novelty with this range is mostly the scent. While the colours themselves aren't very unique or original, it's kind of fun that they're scented. I'm tempted to pick up more just because of the scent! But I know scented polishes are not everyone's thing, though.

Do you like scented polishes?
Have you picked any of the Revlon Parfumerie polishes up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!